THE IMPORTANCE OF UNBREAKABLE MIRRORS CHILDREN
Because they stimulate basic self-awareness and help them to get to know themselves.
But why is a mirror so important for children? Because they stimulate basic self-awareness and help them to get to know themselves.
How mirrors help children:
They have very positive effects on their development as it helps the brain to mature, specifically in terms of the perception of the information it receives and how it should process it. It also helps them to improve the coordination of their movements and the precision with which they have to perform them.
• Through their image reflected in the mirror, children become aware of themselves, the abilities they have and their possibilities of movement.
• By seeing themselves they create a healthy self-image.
• They get to know their environment and learn to relate to their surroundings, family, children, toys, etc.
• They acquire language skills. They try to make themselves understood, see their gestures, faces and moods reflected.
MONTESSORI METHOD with MIRRORS FOR CHILDREN
Do you know the Montessori educational system? It is a system that focuses on respecting the rights of children, their ability to learn from their environment in an autonomous way and the need children have for affection and love.
No one can be free if they are not independent, and that includes children. Children’s freedom must be guided in such a way that their actions lead them to achieve that independence. Adults become guides to ensure a suitable environment in which they provide the child with affection, trust and understanding.
According to this Montessori system, the presence of unbreakable mirrors in children’s rooms is of great importance as this simple object will stimulate the little ones in a fun, simple and very effective way.
There are three points that we must take into account when placing a mirror in the children’s room:
1. It must be unbreakable: It is normal for children to hit anything with the toys they have in their hands, so we must be careful to place unbreakable mirrors to avoid unnecessary scares.
2. It must be well secured: It is just as important that the mirror is unbreakable as it is that it is well secured to the wall because children will touch it and lean on it and if it is not well secured, they can knock it over.
3. Complete vision: For mirrors to function in the cognitive development of children, they must reflect the complete image and for this to happen, they must be at their level.
At Henbea Store we are committed to education and we have evolved our toys so that they fulfil a pedagogical purpose and respond to the needs of both the educational community and parents and children.
• Animal mirrors: These are unbreakable plastic sheets in the shape of animals. They are ideal for school classrooms or to decorate rooms. These sheets are a support for speech therapy, facial expression and self-knowledge activities.
• Safety mirror with aluminium frame: These unbreakable mirrors are made of plastic and follow all international safety standards. They are ideal for installation in school classrooms, kindergartens and leisure centres.
• Safety mirror with wooden frame: The surface of these mirrors is made of clear methacrylate and you can choose from various framing options such as stained wood, lacquered aluminium or beech wood. These mirrors are perfect to place in the rooms of the little ones in the house where they can play games, dress up and see their emotions expressed.
• Tri-fold mirror: They are three mirrors in one joined together. Their sides can be tilted so that they can be looked at from the front and from both sides at the same time.
• Baby Mirrors: Thick acrylic mirrors in the shape of a star, sun, moon or cloud that can be placed anywhere in a baby’s room.
All these mirrors can be found in top educational distributors worldwide. If you need to now your nearest distributor please call us at 0034 918427929.